Since 1970, medac has stood for...
... treading new paths.

1970:
Year of foundation

1974:
Start of specialisation in oncology

1992:
Establishment of the branch office in Vienna, Austria

1993:
Establishment of the branch office in Uk

1996:
Establishment of the branch office in Prague, Czech Republic

1997:

  • Schering AG, Berlin, buys a 25% share in the company
  • medac acquires the German distribution rights for fludarabine phosphate and cyproterone acetate in the field of oncology

1998:
Schering AG, Berlin, licenses aminolevulinic acid for the diagnosis of superficial bladder cancer in the majority of countries in Europe

1999:

  • Relocation from Hamburg city centre to the company’s own building in Wedel, Schleswig Holstein
  • Establishment of medac Scandinavia, with headquarters in Varberg, Sweden
  • Establishment of Oncotec GmbH as a manufacturer of cytostatic drugs in Tornau, Dessau, Germany
  • Establishment of ProThera GmbH for the genetically engineered production of recombinant proteins in Jena, Germany

2002:

  • Establishment of photonamic GmbH & Co KG as a new subsidiary of medac for the research areas of fluorescence diagnostics and photodynamic therapies
  • www.medacshop.de: since 7.3.2002, research reagents and IVDs can also be ordered on the internet
  • Establishment of medac Polska, with headquarters in Warsaw

2005:
Acquisition of Schering AG’s shares in medac by the original shareholders

2008:

  • Establishment of medac Portugal, Lisbon
  • Completion of the 2nd construction phase at Oncotec and immediate start of the 3rd construction phase
  • Launch of the first product developed entirely by medac -  Gliolan - in Europe

2010:
Construction of a centre for logistics, quality control and development, manufacture and support of diagnostic agents in Tornesch, Germany

2014:
The number of employees rises to more than 1000