As a responsible, forward-looking pharmaceutical company we strive for an economical use of natural resources. We will take reasonable and practical steps to minimise or eliminate negative effects on the environment and the climate. We implement current regional, nati- onal and international standards consistently and minimise the risks for mankind and the environment by complying with and regularly reviewing the relevant laws, regulations and rules (see index of legal provisions) as well as our internal quality management systems. Through targeted measures we have committed to continuously improve our performance concerning labour, health and environmental protection.
This results in the following environmental guidelines:
1. In order to continuously improve our environmental performance, activities which may have a negative impact on the environment will be measured and evaluated wit- hin an environmental management system.
2. Our aim is to continuously reduce the consumption of resources and energy within our means and, wherever possible, to cut emissions and reduce waste in such a way that we contribute to a more sustainable future.
3. medac promotes environmental awareness and the environmental responsibility of its staff. Each individual employee of medac can and should act in an environmen- tally responsible and resource-conserving way within his area of responsibility and control. Beyond that, each employee is encouraged to share any possible concerns regarding environmental topics.
As a future-oriented pharmaceutical company conscious of our responsibilities, we see environmental conservation, health and safety in the workplace and product safety as essential corporate goals.
We consistently implement the applicable regional, national and international standards, and keep human and environmental risk to a minimum, by complying with the relevant laws, directives and requirements. To this end we have set up our own internal quality management systems, and check for compliance with standards on a regular basis. With the help of preventive and corrective measures, we are able to guarantee ongoing and continuous improvement of our performance in relation to product safety, health and safety in the workplace and environmental conservation.
This has resulted in our formulating the following guidelines at medac:
- We support and encourage respectful and open communication with our employees, suppliers, business partners, customers, the responsible authorities and the general public.
- We offer our employees a wide range of opportunities in relation to health care and personal development, as well as ensuring that they have safe and healthy working conditions.
- We organise systematic training courses in relation to product safety, health and safety, fire prevention, waste disposal and the environment, with the aim of raising the awareness of our employees and doing even more to encourage high safety standards and a sense of responsibility and sustainability in all our attitudes and actions.
- All our systems, protection mechanisms and working resources are regularly checked and maintained.
- All activities in the company are subject to continuous risk assessment procedures, and any necessary measures will be taken to exclude safety hazards for our employees or for third parties.
- With a view to achieving continuous improvement of our environmental performance, we measure and assess any activities which might be capable of making a negative impact on the environment, under the auspices of our certified environmental management system. Wherever possible, such activities will be discontinued.
- Within the limits of possibility, we endeavour to minimise our consumption of energy and resources and to reduce emissions and waste, so as to make our contribution to sustainable development and conservation of the environment.
The express commitment of corporate management, backed up by the cooperation and support of all executive staff, helps to ensure that we can successfully implement these ambitious guidelines in daily practice.