medac’s environmental policy
As a responsible, forward-looking pharmaceutical company we strive for an economical use of natural resources. We will take reasonable and practical steps to minimise or eliminate negative effects on the environment and the climate. We implement current regional, national and international compliance obligations consistently and minimise the risks for mankind and the environment by complying with and regularly reviewing the relevant laws, regulations, standards, and rules as well as our internal quality management systems. Through targeted measures we have committed to continuously improve our performance concerning labour, health and environmental protection.
This results in the following environmental guidelines:
1. In order to continuously improve our environmental performance, activities which may have a negative impact on the environment will be measured and evaluated wit- hin an environmental management system.
2. Our aim is to continuously reduce the consumption of resources and energy within our means and, wherever possible, to cut emissions and reduce waste in such a way that we contribute to a more sustainable future.
3. medac promotes environmental awareness and the environmental responsibility of its staff. Each individual employee of medac can and should act in an environmen- tally responsible and resource-conserving way within his area of responsibility and control. Beyond that, each employee is encouraged to share any possible concerns regarding environmental topics.
As a forward-thinking pharmaceutical company with a strong sense of responsibility, we strive to use natural resources sparingly and to ensure safe working conditions, while also ensuring we take all reasonable and practicable measures to reduce any negative impacts on people, the environment and the climate. We consistently deliver on our binding and voluntary commitments on a regional, national and international level, while minimising risks for our employees and for the environment.
We are committed to continuously improving our performance in terms of occupational health and safety, public health and environmental protection, as well as optimising our energy consumption.
This results in the following guiding principles:
- In order to ensure we continue to improve in terms of occupational health and safety, environmentalism and energy consumption, our integrated HSE management system is used to measure and evaluate any activities which may have a negative impact on these areas. We then use these findings to implement tangible measures and set binding objectives to minimise hazards and risks. medac shall provide the necessary information and company resources required to pursue these objectives.
- To prevent illness and injury to employees, we both enable and support the maintenance of working conditions which are both safe and conducive to a healthy lifestyle. This is a joint undertaking involving medac employees and the works council.
- Our aim is to continuously reduce the consumption of energy and other natural resources within our means and, wherever possible, to cut emissions and reduce waste in such a way that we contribute to a more sustainable future. medac also provides support in the planning and designing of eco-friendly, energy-efficient and safe processes and facilities, and promotes the procurement of efficient and sustainable products and services.
- medac fosters an awareness among its employees of occupational health and safety, the environment and energie-saving practices. All medac employees are able to and are expected to carry out their duties, within the scope of their influence and responsibility, in a judicious and resourceful manner and with strong sense of ownership. Furthermore, as medac employees, we encourage you to share any possible concerns and offer suggestions for improvement.
We use technically necessary cookies for the operation of the website. Other cookies are only set with your consent. We use these to statistically analyse the use of the website (location, time, end device, referrer URL). We also share information about the use of the website with our provider Google LLC. We have also integrated videos into our website via the provider Vimeo, a video hosting platform. The service provider is Vimeo Inc. Both providers may combine this information with other data. Your data may also be transferred to the USA. The USA (and other non-EEA countries) do not offer a level of data protection comparable to the EU; for example, government agencies can access data without any reason. However, both Google LLC. and Vimeo Inc. are committed to data protection-compliant processing with the EU standard contractual clauses.
These cookies help making a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
These cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. With this information we can constantly improve the experience we offer on our website.
These cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.