As a future-oriented pharmaceutical company conscious of our responsibilities, we endeavour to make economical use of natural resources, and to do everything that can possibly be expected of us to minimise negative effects on the climate and environment, or avoid their occurrence altogether. We consistently implement the applicable regional, national and international standards, and keep human and environmental risk to a minimum, by complying with the relevant laws, directives and requirements (see schedule of legal provisions) as well as our own internal quality management systems, and checking for compliance on a regular basis. We have systematic measures in place aimed at the continuous improvement of our performance in relation to safety, health and the environment, and would like to bring economics and ecology into harmony with one another. This has resulted in the formulation of the following environmental guidelines:
1. With a view to achieving the continuous improvement of our environmental performance, all activities which could possibly have a negative impact on the environment are measured and assessed under the auspices of our environmental management system.
2. Within the bounds of possibility, we endeavour to reduce our consumption of energy and resources continuously, as well as minimising emissions and waste wherever possible, so as to make our contribution to environmentally friendly development.
3. medac encourages its employees to be environmentally aware and to take ecological responsibility for their actions. Every single one of medac’s employees can and is expected to act with economy of resources and in a spirit of ecological responsibility, within the area subject to his or her influence and control. Employees are moreover encouraged to raise any concerns they may have in relation to environmental issues.
As a future-oriented pharmaceutical company conscious of our responsibilities, we see environmental conservation, health and safety in the workplace and product safety as essential corporate goals.
We consistently implement the applicable regional, national and international standards, and keep human and environmental risk to a minimum, by complying with the relevant laws, directives and requirements. To this end we have set up our own internal quality management systems, and check for compliance with standards on a regular basis. With the help of preventive and corrective measures, we are able to guarantee ongoing and continuous improvement of our performance in relation to product safety, health and safety in the workplace and environmental conservation.
This has resulted in our formulating the following guidelines at medac:
- We support and encourage respectful and open communication with our employees, suppliers, business partners, customers, the responsible authorities and the general public.
- We offer our employees a wide range of opportunities in relation to health care and personal development, as well as ensuring that they have safe and healthy working conditions.
- We organise systematic training courses in relation to product safety, health and safety, fire prevention, waste disposal and the environment, with the aim of raising the awareness of our employees and doing even more to encourage high safety standards and a sense of responsibility and sustainability in all our attitudes and actions.
- All our systems, protection mechanisms and working resources are regularly checked and maintained.
- All activities in the company are subject to continuous risk assessment procedures, and any necessary measures will be taken to exclude safety hazards for our employees or for third parties.
- With a view to achieving continuous improvement of our environmental performance, we measure and assess any activities which might be capable of making a negative impact on the environment, under the auspices of our certified environmental management system. Wherever possible, such activities will be discontinued.
- Within the limits of possibility, we endeavour to minimise our consumption of energy and resources and to reduce emissions and waste, so as to make our contribution to sustainable development and conservation of the environment.
The express commitment of corporate management, backed up by the cooperation and support of all executive staff, helps to ensure that we can successfully implement these ambitious guidelines in daily practice.