As a dual student taking a BSc degree in Business Information Technology, in the practical part of the course you will have work placements in various specialist divisions of our company. As a result of the theoretical knowledge you acquire at the Nordakademie university, you will learn how to analyse problems connected with IT and business management issues, and so combine theory and practice in the best possible way. Further responsibilities include the support and training of users, and the customisation of IT and telecommunication systems.
An experiential report by our dual students gives you a direct account of practical working life at our company.
Because of our international orientation, you will have the opportunity, during the practical part of the course, of taking English lessons at medac once a week.
Having completed your dual studies at medac, you will be in a position to undertake the planning, execution and control of IT projects on your own responsibility.
As well as getting through the selection procedure at the Nordakademie university, you should be able to show good to excellent marks in your Abitur or Fachhochschulreife school leaving examination. A capacity for analytical and logical thinking, good communication skills, an enjoyment of teamwork, a confident manner and an interest in business affairs will help you to succeed in your dual studies at medac.
Duration of training
7 semesters (3.5 years)
Main subjects studied on the theoretical part of the course
- Technical foundations of IT
- Software development in practice
- Automata theory and formal languages
- Algorithms and data structures
- Abstraction concepts in IT
- Discrete mathematics
- Analysis and stochastics
- Database systems
- Business process modelling and QM
- IT organisation and project management
- Business management applications
- Internet application architectures
- IT-supported accounting
- General business management and economics
- Logistics / operation management
Schwerpunkte während Deiner Praxisphasen
- Foundations of EDP
- Working on EDP projects
- Software production
- Operation, maintenance and further development of commercial application systems
- System administration
- Internet and Intranet
- User consulting and Help Desk
- Sales and marketing
- Production management
- Accounting and controlling
- HR management
Further information about the career path